Parallel to the work of the committees, is an Executive Committee that convenes in order to complete the requirements for the institutionalization of the organization and its activities. This committee meets in coordination with the finance committee and is led by Attorney Eliyahu Melech, who voluntarily acts as legal advisor to the Association.
1. COMMITTEE FOR DONATIONS AND FUNDRAISING
MEMBERS: Amir Reuveni; Shuki Shichrur; Gabi Ashkenazi; Yehuda Golan; Varda Pomerantz; Mano Hart; Modi Ben-Shach
- Communicating with organizations and establishments as well as all other parties that may be able to assist the Association in realizing its goals.
- Locating past Golani troops who are currently presiding over large corporations in order to receive their support.
- Efforts to communicate and secure donations from successful Israelis abroad.
2. COMMITTEE FOR COMMEMORATION AND BEREAVED FAMILIESCHAIRMAN: Tzvika Poleg
MEMBERS: Yom Tov Hazan; Varda Pomerantz; Shalom Ben-Moshe; Danny Shimoni; Mano Hart
- Establishing and beginning the process of the construction of the memorial site of the Brigade, and the management of the logistics of construction such a site.
- Maintaining constant communication with grieving families
3. HERITAGE COMMITTEE
CHAIRMAN: Yehuda Golan and David Katz
MEMBERS: Uri Sagie, Shalom Ben Moshe, Yom Tov Hazan, Yaron Harel
- Writing an electronic book about the Brigade’s operations from 1948 to the present.
- Upgrading standards in the Golani Museum.
- Creating a Golani heritage path from the Hermon to Eilat.
4. LIASON COMMITTEE FOR MAINTAINING CONTACT WITH THE BRIGADE
CHAIRMAN and CHAIRWOMAN: Varda Pomerantz, Danny Shimoni
MEMBERS: Yoed Ludar, Moshik Salai
- Managing the assistance for lone soldiers and disadvantaged soldiers.
- Assisting the Brigade in organizing events and ceremonies.
- Communicating with and giving aid to the Brigade’s wounded warriors.
5. SCHOLARSHIPS COMMITTEE
CHAIRMAN: Shalom Ben-Moshe
MEMBERS: Yoed Ludar; Ilan Harrari
- Encouraging excellence within the Brigade by granting scholarships and grants to outstanding soldiers who completed their service with the IDF as well as the Brigade (scholarships will be granted for education as well as for professional and personal training)
- Grants for outstanding soldiers that presently serve the Brigade.
6. INTERNET COMMITTEE
CHAIRMAN: Abrasha Burstyn
MEMBERS: Mano Hart; Yom-tov Hazan; Dubi Gazit; Uri Bar
- Creating a comprehensive database of Golani Brigade’s warriors that will serve future generations.
- Expanding the Friends database of the Golani Brigade by appealing to anyone who served in the past, as well as to bereaved families; parents of currently serving troops and anyone considering himself to be a “friend” of Golani.
- Developing and upgrading a website that will introduce the Association and its activities and will enable an ongoing interaction by the Association’s Friends.
7. COMMITTEE TO INTERACT WITH PAST GOLANI TROOPS AND RECRUITING NEW FRIENDS
CHAIRMAN: Abrasha Burstyn
MEMBERS: Danny Shimoni; Yom-Tov Hazan; Liat Gavron; Dubi Gazit
- Contacting as many Golani veterans as possible and inform them of the existence of the Association and its goals;
- Expanding the Friends circle by communicating with anyone who served Golani in the past and parents of current Golani troops, as well as anyone considering himself a Friend of Golani.
- Ongoing communication with Golani’s veterans in order that they may support the Brigade when necessary and provide new ideas on improving it.
8. COMMITTEE FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE MEMORIAL SITE AT THE GOLANI JUNCTION
CHAIRMAN: Ilan Biran; Ervin Lavi
MEMBERS: Mano Hart; Yom-Tov Hazan; Yaron Harel; architect Yosef Assa
- Developing the existing memorial site by improving the structure; upgrading the informational systems and content delivery.
9. EVENTS AND PUBLIC RELATIONS COMMITTEE
CHAIRMAN: Uri Shaked
MEMBERS: Zvika Pogatz; Avi Bettleheim; Yaron Harel; Liat Gavron; Orna Ben-Haim
- Implementing events in various scopes with the cooperation of the Brigade in order to recruit new Friends to the Association and also raise funds for the expansion of the Association’s activities.
10. FINANCE COMMITTEE
CHAIRMAN: Itzik Zamir
MEMBERS: Yoad Loder; Itzik Shaked; Dubi Gazit;
- Handle the Associations finances; plan the budget; supervise expenses; and prepare a balance sheet of income and expenses in accordance with the resolutions voted on by the Board of Directors. (There is currently an interim committee, under the leadership of Yoed Ludar, whose goal is to take care of all procedures necessary in order to establish the Association).
11. AUDIT COMMITTEE
MEMBERS; Eli Melamed; Yaakov Sela
- Insure the proper management of the Association’s activities.
- Supervise the Association’s budget and flowing financial activities.
- See to it that the Association’s activities are fully transparent
12. LEGAL COMMITTEE
Legal Advisor: Melech Eliyahu, Esq.